Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Present: Deborah Brewster, Bill Cohen, Laura Sherman, Valerie Messana (Administrative Assistant)
Meeting was called to order by Cohen at 4:10 p.m.
- Minutes of the May 8, 2018 meeting were approved and posted on May 15, 2018.
- Brewster reported that there have been no recent updates on the Falls Bridge project. The next meeting of the Committee will be held on June 5th. It is likely that there will be a public meeting at some point during the summer months.
- Cohen reported that most of the work at Center Harbor has been completed, except for the rings. Reserved parking spots are in place.
- Cohen gave an update on parking at the Town Office. Neil Allen is in the process of getting quotes to dig up the lawn in the designated area, put down gravel, and also to make a path to the back steps.
- It was reported that $3,000.00 was spent on Hales Hill Rd. this past winter. A vote will be necessary to tap into reserve funds.
- Tax Assessor Ellery Bane will be at the Town Office on June 14. In addition to a few appointments, Ellery will finish work on this year’s tax commitment. Tax bills will likely be sent out approximately one month before the first due date.
- Quickbooks classes will be held at the Brooklin School library on June 19 and 25, 4 – 7 p.m. There have already been some responses from people who are interested in participating.
- Quotes are being obtained by Dana Candage to replace the Naskeag Fence.
- Selectboard members reported on their progress for individual projects they are working on.
- It was reported that a resident dog owner reported that his dog had been injured by other dogs at the Brooklin dog park on May 26. Animal Control Officer Carol Ann Cutler was present at the park at the time of the incident.
- There will be a meeting of the Broadband Committee with Consolidated Communications on Thursday, May 31st at 2 p.m.
- PERC and MRC have struck a deal to take their trash to PERC.
- Treasurer's Report
- May 8, 2018:
- May 15, 2018:
- May 22, 2018:
- May 8, 2018:
- Next meeting: June 12, 2018 at 4:10 p.m
- The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 p.m. Aye-3, Nay-0
Respectfully submitted, Valerie Messana, Deputy Clerk