Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Present: Deborah Brewster, Bill Cohen, Laura Sherman and Heather Candage, administrative assistant to the Select Board
- Minutes of the April 18, 2017 meeting were approved and posted on April 20, 2017.
- The Select Board plans to set up a meeting with Andrew McCullough. At least three citizens have requested more information concerning Center Harbor. The Board had received word from McCullough that the DEP permit will be by rule. From the Town’s perspective, the application was thorough, well thought out and an overall good process.
- Benjamin River Bridge — Brewster has communicated with a MDOT representative and the bridge project will begin in April of 2018. The bridge closure will be a maximum of 30 days. The MDOT will continue to keep us informed of any updates.
- Falls Bridge Project — Brewster was given a detailed matrix of numerous proposals for repair/ replacing of the bridge. The MDOT has been diligent about considering all citizens’ concerns. Brewster added that there were historical and environmental issues to consider as well.
- Broadband update — The Board continues to receive information from three broadband providers, Fairpoint, Axiom and Premium Choice Broadband. By the end of May, the Board would like to reconstitute a broadband committee and present each providers case to that group.
- The Select Board wishes to express their appreciation to the Island Institute for offering support for broadband and small business information.
- The Board is in the process of looking at designs for a new Town Office/ campus sign.
- The Board is considering building maintenance projects, including replacing shakes, and painting.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- April 18, 2017:
- April 25, 2017:
- May 1, 2017:
- April 18, 2017:
- Next Meeting: May 23, 2017 at 4:10 pm.
- Cohen motioned, Sherman seconded to adjourn at 4:50 pm. Aye-3, Nay-0