Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Present: Deborah Brewster, Bill Cohen, Laura Sherman and Heather Candage, administrative assistant to the Select Board
- Minutes of the May 23, 2017 meeting were approved and posted on June 1, 2017.
- Center Harbor- The Select Board met with Andrew McCullough, Al Hutchins, Giffy Full, and Wade Dow to answer questions. McCullough confirmed that there would be a few minor changes but nothing would require resubmitting the application. McCullough will go ahead and prepare documents for bidding. The project will begin in late September.
- Broadband- Thirteen residents have been contacted to meet Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm and will be presented with the three proposals for broadband. Then a smaller group with five people max, will work through the fine details to prepare for a proposal to go to Town meeting in April 2018
- Assessors-Brewster reports that it is unclear when Ellery Bane, Town Assessor will be in the office again. Bane is reluctant due to the State Legislatures Homestead Exemption issue. The Board will touch base on Thursday, June 8th.
- The Board received a letter from Hendrik Gideonse, recommending the board submit a letter to Governor Lepage supporting community self-governance and our Towns Local Food and Self Governance Ordinance. The Board will discuss on Thursday, June 8th
- The Broadband Coalition would like permission to use the Towns name in support of the the Broadband funding bill. This will also be revisited on Thursday, June 8th.
- Then Board received a bid from Hancock County Planning Commission for road salt. The Selectman will sign and pass it on to Webbs Construction
- HCPC is offering a hazardous waste disposal program on August 19, 2017 in Ellsworth and it would involve needing a volunteer from our Town to help with the event plus cost of registration. The Board will reach out to residents to see if there is an interest.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- May 23, 2017:
- May 30, 2017
- May 23, 2017:
- Next Meeting: June 27, 2017 at 4:10 pm.
- Cohen motioned, Sherman seconded to adjourn at 4:25 pm. Aye-3, Nay-0