Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Present: Bill Cohen, Deborah Brewster, Laura Sherman
Meeting was called to order by Cohen at 4:10 p.m.
- Minutes of the June 26, 2018 meeting have not yet been approved. Changes have been submitted to recorder.
- The Selectboard received a letter from Hancock County Planning Commission regarding a hazardous waste collection day. If Brooklin wants to participate we will need to seek a volunteer to participate on the day of the event. Board will look into whether anyone from Brooklin participated last year.
- Cohen reported that the Planning Board met on Thursday, July 5. A plan in a split zone area was brought before the board for the first time for the current board members. The Planning Board discussed split zones and whether to keep split zones in Brooklin.
- Shellfish committee needs to re-appoint one member. Will remind chair at next meeting.
- Cohen has spoken with various fishermen using Naskeag Harbor. The consensus is to hold off on the idea of a dinghy dock and re-evaluate in one year.
- Broadband: A community broadband committee has been established including members from various towns on the peninsula, and a website has been created: www.peninsulautility4broadband.org. Cohen also is aware of a USDA meeting about Broadband in Bucksport on Thursday, July 19 and plans to attend. Cohen will also check in with Jeff Nevins at Consolidated to see if any progress has been made on their report for the Broadband Committee.
- ACO Update: The animal control officer has been in touch with the Selectboard and is dealing with a complaint about cats in town.
- The Selectboard project list was reviewed. Many items have been crossed off as completed or holding off until next year. The board agreed that organizing files in the vault should be added to the project list.
- Cohen and Brewster attended a meeting of the Blue Hill/Surry Transfer Station committee on June 26. The committee acknowledged that the contract they signed with Fiberight is likely going to be at least 9 months behind schedule and there will be penalties. The penalty to take solid waste to the landfill is less than taking waste to PERC after signing the contract with Fiberight. The selectboard briefly discussed other options including looking at the Orland transfer station model.
- Treasurer's Report
- June 26, 2018:
- July 3, 2018:
- June 26, 2018:
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 4:10 pm.
- Brewster motioned, Sherman seconded to adjourn at 4:32 pm. Aye-3, Nay-0