- Friends For A Warmer Town
Assistance is available for families who need emergency help with heating fuel this winter through the “Warmer Brooklin Fund”. Contact the Selectmen at 359-8394.
- Help with navigating Efficiency Maine rebates and federal tax incentives for home improvements: Stop by the Town Office on Thursdays for assistance! Or email the Resources Navigator, Grace Carrier, to set up an appointment.
- Tree of Life Food Pantry & TurnStyle Thrift Shop
- Downeast Community Partners (DCP) mission is to bring community resources together to help people in Washington and Hancock County achieve self-sufficiency and a better quality of life. We offer a variety of programs ranging from transportation assistance to elderly daycare to small business development. Just in the last year we have weatherized more than 150 homes; provided 170,000 rides to medical appointments, shopping and children's services; and, taught 40 entrepreneurs how to write business plans..
- 2-1-1 Maine
2-1-1 Maine is a comprehensive statewide directory of over 8,000 health and human services available in Maine. The toll free 2-1-1 hotline connects callers to trained call specialists who can help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Finding the answers to health and human services questions and locating resources is as quick and easy as dialing 2-1-1 or visiting www.211maine.org
- WIC Nutrition Program (Women, Infants, and Children)
WIC is a nutrition program for thousands of Maine families, helping Maine kids to grow up strong and healthy. WIC food benefits are available based on income guidelines and up-to-date nutrition research. This website seeks to serve all Maine families with free nutrition advice, tips for staying healthy, and resources for growing families.
- Healthy Peninsula has partnered with the towns of the Blue Hill Peninsula and Deer Isle/Stonington to offer this directory to make it easier for local people to publicize their skills and to make it easier for others to find the help they need.
- Blue Hill YMCA
The Blue Hill YMCA is a branch of the Down East Family YMCA located behind Tradewinds Marketplace, at 15 South Street, Blue Hill, ME 04614.
- Eastern Agency on Aging
With a specially trained and dedicated staff, we are able to provide seniors, adults with disabilities and caregivers with a variety of options, opportunities, resources and referrals and have for almost 40 years.
- Peninsula Ambulance Corps
The Peninsula Ambulance Corps is dedicated to providing the highest quality ambulance and related health care services to the residents of Blue Hill, Brooklin, Brooksville, Castine, Penobscot, Sedgwick, and Surry, Maine, as well as the larger EMS community.
- Hancock County Sheriff
50 State Street Suite 10, Ellsworth, Maine 04605, 207-667-7576
- Maine State Police
The Maine State Police was established in 1925 in order to enforce the laws of Maine in the rural areas.
- Maine Center for Coastal Fisheries
Maine Center for Coastal Fisheries is a non-profit organization that works to secure a diversified fishing future for the communities of Eastern Maine and beyond.