All dogs in Maine that are six months or older must be licensed annually in the town in which they reside.
• Spayed or Neutered = $6/year
• Unaltered = $11/year
• Late fee = Annual fee, plus $25
Fees are required to be paid by January 31 of each year. For first time registration, proof of spay or neuter required. Proof of rabies vaccination is required every other
year. Licenses may be paid and obtained at the Town Office during normal business hours or Online on the maine.gov website.
Marriage intentions must be recorded in writing. Both parties must sign the intentions in the presence of the Town Clerk/Deputy Town Clerk or a Notary Public. If both parties are residents of Maine but live in separate municipalities, marriage intentions may be recorded by the Clerk in either municipality. If one is a Maine resident and one is not, file in the municipality of the Maine resident. The fee for a marriage license is $40.00. If both parties are from another state or country and wish to marry in Maine, file intentions in any municipality in Maine and get married anywhere in the State of Maine.
If either party has been married before and is now divorced, a certified copy of the last divorce decree (with the raised seal on the papers) must be presented to the Clerk/Deputy Clerk. If the last marriage ended in an annulment, an annulment decree is required. This should not be a church annulment but rather a civil decree. If the last spouse died, a certified copy of the death certificate is required.
Obtaining a Marriage License
After the above requirements have been met, a marriage license from the Town Clerk (with whom you recorded your intentions) may be obtained. The license can be obtained the same day that the intentions are filed. The license must be used within 90 days of the date the intentions are filed. Once the Town Clerk issues the license, the license must be delivered to the person performing the marriage. The person performing the marriage is then responsible for returning the completed/signed license to the Town Office.
Motor Vehicle Registration
All vehicles are required to be registered. This includes motor vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, boats, and trailers. Registration and payments may be obtained and paid at the Town Office during normal business hours.
Documents Required for Annual Registration
• Current vehicle registration
• Current Maine insurance card
• Odometer mileage
• Payment in the form of cash, check or credit/debit card is accepted.
All checks must include the current address and phone number. We do accept major credit cards however, there is a 3% surcharge added to the card transaction.
Documents Required for New Car Registration
• Title or blue copy of application for title
• Bill of sale
• MSRP for new car
• Proof of payment of excise tax, signed by registered owner
• Registration for plates transferred
• If vehicle is transferring from another state, two documents proving ownership are required. Documents must include owner's name and vehicle identification number (VIN)
• Lease agreement
• Parent or legal guardian signature if owner is under 18 years of age
• If applicable: court documents, power of attorney, death certificate, import papers, etc.
• Current Maine insurance card
• Payment in the form of cash, check or credit/debit card is accepted. All checks must include the current address and phone number. We do accept major credit cards however, there is a 3% surcharge added to the card transaction.
The non resident commercial license lottery drawing is held the first Tuesday of May at 9 am at the Brooklin Town Office. Sales for all shellfish licenses can be purchased on or after this day during regular business hours.
Commercial Resident $202.00
Commercial Nonresident $402.00
Commercial Student/Junior Resident $22.00
Commercial Student/Junior Nonres $42.00
Recreational Resident $22.00
Recreational Nonresident $42.00
Recreational Senior Resident $0.00
Recreational Senior Nonresident $0.00
Recreational Resident Junior $0.00
Recreational Nonresident Junior $0.00
Payment in the form of cash, check or credit/debit card is accepted. All checks must include the current address and phone number. We do accept major credit cards however, there is a 3% surcharge added to the card transaction.